Pure Krill Oil
Our natural red Krill Oil is a rich, source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids EPA and DHA, with high levels of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant, choline, an essential neurotransmitter and phospholipids.
- Red Krill are shrimp-like crustaceans sourced from the Antarctic. All Krill are red, this means they have a good level of astaxanthin; if you are looking for a Natural Red Krill Oil this is the product for you
- Krill Oil is a rich source of Omega 3 EPA/ DHA fatty acids
- Krill Oil is more efficiently absorbed by the body than Fish Oil
- Krill Oil fatty acid content can help lower cholesterol
friend of the sea
- Krill Oil has powerful antioxidant properties thanks to its Astaxanthin content – one of the most powerful antioxidants known to man
- Astaxanthin (a caretonoid) also provides anti-inflammatory properties
- Krill also contains Choline, an essential neurotransmitter, and one which is short in the diet of many people in the Western World
- Choline also helps maintain normal liver function
- Cytoplan Krill Oil comes from Neptune, the market leader in krill oil (NKO»)
- All the ingredients in our Krill Oil are present in naturally-occurring levels (many companies add in synthetic Astaxanthin to elevate levels)
- Each capsule provides 500mg of Krill Oil
- Suitable for the whole family: Men, Women, Children and the Elderly
- Our suppliers are committed to maintaining the sustainability of Krill within the strict guidelines of CCAMLR (The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources)Omega 3 (EPA/DHA) contributes to: ´ The maintenance of normal brain function;
- The maintenance of normal vision;
- The maintenance of normal cardiac function;
- The maintenance of normal blood pressure;
- The maintenance of normal (fasting) blood concentrations of triglycerides
Krill oil is sourced from Antarctic krill (Euphausia Superba), a small, shrimp-like crustacean that exists in large swarms. It attains an individual maximum size of 2 inches and feeds mainly on phytoplankton or sea ice algae.
Krill is the staple food of many mammals, fish and sea birds in the Southern Oceans. Krill oil is a natural source of the red carotenoid astaxanthin, which is derived from the micro-algae food source of the Antarctic krill. Astaxanthin is responsible for the red colour of krill and other crustaceans such as lobster, shrimp and salmon. Much of the commercial fish farming industry no longer use this natural carotenoid, with synthetic astaxanthin added to fish feed to improve the colour of the fish instead.Attributes of Krill Oil
1) Phospholipids & Omega-3: Krill Omega-3 fatty acids are bound to phospholipids where it is considered that they are more efficiently absorbed via the small intestines with the phospholipid complex readily absorbed into the cell membranes. Other sources of Omega-3 fatty acids are bound to triglycerides, which are insoluble and require bile salts for their emulsification and absorption via the lymphatic system.
A study of the metabolic effects of krill and fish oil found comparable dietary sources of Omega-3 fatty acids when assessing plasma concentrations. Despite the lower levels of EPA and DHA in krill, researchers found no statistical significance in levels with their findings, indicating an increased bio-availability of krill to that of fish oil.
2) Phosphatidyl Choline: Krill phospholipids contain choline, an essential nutrient, and neurotransmitter precursor important to brain and muscle tissue. Phosphatidyl choline participates in fatty acid transport in the blood and across membranes. Choline intake is important, starting in early life during foetal development and continuing where a deficiency of choline is linked to areas of dysfunction, including elevated homocysteine, memory, growth and hepatic disorders. Dietary intake of Choline may be low in many people. Major food sources are liver, eggs and wheatgerm.
3) Astaxanthin: Astaxanthin is a carotenoid molecule with powerful antioxidant activity found in krill oil. It is profoundly protective to the endothelium of all blood vessels and also to the tissue of the retina. Researchers have identified a number of other health benefits from the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of astaxanthin.
If you would like to find out more about this product then please contact us
If there is any deficiency of the liver, or if you are on antithrombotic medicine please consult a doctor first and take no more than 1 capsule per day. This product is derived from shellfish and therefore should not be taken by people with sensitivities to shellfish or fish.
1000mg Krill Oil per 2 capsules
- Vitamin A
Non-Active Ingredients: Fish gelatine, glycerine, water, lemon oil coating.Non GM & Free From: Wheat; yeast, starch, gluten; lactose; added colourings, sweeteners & preservatives.
Krill Oil 2 capsules will provide on averages
|Active Nutrient||Strength||%NRV+ / APC*|
|- Vitamin A||100.0iu||2%|
|- Phospholipids (Omega-3 rich)||420mg||*|
+ NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* APC = Activity Per Capsule
** Indicates no NRV/APC
1-2 capsules daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Suitable for: People with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.