Tips To Fight Off Colds & Flu
The Cold and flu season is looming. With some forethought and preparation, there is no reason to dread those winter bugs.
We know most of us will get infected to some degree with a bacteria or virus, so it’s common sense to get prepared now. As and when it does happen, we have natural solutions in our toolboxes that will stop these bugs dead in their tracks….
Don’t spend the winter season worrying about dreaded colds, viruses and the flu, get yourself prepared by increasing your immunity (see Health Rise previous blogs on Super Tonic, 2016 Natural Cold & Flu Remedies and Elderberry Syrup).
What To Do If You Get A Cold Or Flu
Here are several options to increase the body’s ability to heal quickly:
- Drink a glass of water every ten minutes for an hour at the first sign of a cold. Water helps to rehydrate your body, loosen mucus and flushes out harmful toxins from your immune system.
- Have a hot foot bath for twenty minutes. Put a teaspoon of mustard and half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper into the foot bath. Wrap a blanket around yourself, and drink two glasses of water while sitting there. Finish by pouring a jug of cold water over the feet.
- Breathe deeply the freshest of air. Well-oxygenated air cleanses and purifies the bloodstream, and gives food to the lungs.
- Spend a small portion of the day resting; early nights are vital. The body is designed to restore and heal while it sleeps.
- A brisk walk warms the body and increases its healing powers by increasing the circulation and the burning off and expelling of waste.
- Take a Flu Bomb this gives everyone a massive relief from symptoms – see recipe below.
How To Make A Flu Bomb
- 1 or more cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (as much as you can handle)
- ¼ teaspoon chopped ginger
- ½ drop of tea tree oil (optional)
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
Add a little hot water and knock it back. Take 2-3 times a day for the first day. After that, take as needed.
Essential Foods & Nutrients
- Vitamin D is a vital player for overall healthy immune function, but it’s also an active antimicrobial agent, producing 200 to 300 different antimicrobial peptides in your body that kill bacteria, viruses and fungi. Research has confirmed that “catching” colds and flu may be a symptom of an underlying vitamin D deficiency!
- The supplement Immunovite by Cytoplan contains Beta 1-3, 1-6 Glucan, a powerful immune-priming nutritional supplement. This unique compound primes the innate immune system to help the body defend itself against viral and bacterial invaders. Beta Glucan helps heal wounds and has anti-inflammatory activity.
- Consider taking a good quality probiotic which will increase the good bacteria and will help to boost immunity. In our opinion, Optibac is one of the leaders in probiotics and can be purchased from our store. Optibac Probiotics.
- Vitamin C is perhaps the best vitamin for cold and flu. Vitamin C in large amounts can significantly speed recovery and is crucial for immune system function.
- Zinc/Copper supplementation can reduce the severity of a cold or flu virus and can help shorten the duration of illness. It is best taken within the first 24 hours of a virus.
- Remove White Foods– At the first sign of illness, completely remove all white foods from the diet. They include grains, sugars, milk, cheese, dairy, sweeteners, soda, etc. These foods suppress immune function and slow the body’s healing ability. When you are ill, you don’t need to eat a lot of food, as the body needs to focus more on healing rather than digestion. Eat fresh soups and drink hot liquids to keep strength up.
To order any of the recommended supplements go to www.cytoplan.co.uk for 10% DISCOUNT use the Code CJ010 – to be used only once per email address.
If you require any further information or advice on recommended products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennie @ Health Rise October 2017.